With Christmas fast upon us and a desire to create a magical day thick in the air, leading ceramic experts Villeroy & Boch have shared their top tips for creating a spectacular table to wow guests this Christmas.
Villeroy & Boch’s Top Tips for a Magical Table this Christmas:
Creating a spectacular magical table for Christmas can be a relaxing and creative task. Here are five top tips from Villeroy & Boch to help you achieve a stunning festive tablescape that will leave your guests in awe this season:
1. Pottery-Style Tableware with Decorative Christmas Items: Start by selecting pottery-style tableware that has a warm and rustic charm. Opt for earthy tones, handcrafted textures, and subtle glazes. To really get into the Christmas spirit, adorn your table with decorative Christmas items such as fresh foliage, baubles or even a little sparkly glitter!
2. Mix & Match Combinations: Embrace the art of mixing and matching. Combine your special Christmas-themed tableware, such as Villeroy & Boch’s Toy’s Delight collection, with everyday tableware pieces from your collection. This not only adds a personal touch to your table but also allows you to use your existing collection, making the most of what you already have.
3. Dried Flowers for Natural Elegance: Incorporate dried flowers into your table such as dried roses, baby's breath, or even pinecones. Their natural textures and muted colours provide an elegant contrast to the festive tableware. Place them in vases or scatter them along the table for a touch of natural beauty that enhances the magical ambience.
4. Personal Touches: To make your Christmas table truly special, add a personal touch by incorporating handmade crafts and Christmas cookies. Handmade place cards, napkin rings, or even homemade crackers are all simple to make and can make your table extra magical.
5. Candles for Ambiance: Candles are a great way to create a cosy atmosphere at the table. However, be mindful of the candle size. Use candles that are large enough to be seen over the dishes, but not so large that they obstruct the view of people seated across from each other. Opt for a mix of candle sizes and place them strategically along the table, perhaps in candleholders or on festive candle trays.